The Players Club Junior Golf Camp – Outline
One day…Eight hour clinic, including lunch
Advanced junior golfers ages 13 to 17
Note: This is not a clinic for beginners or intermediate golfers. Student must have shot 50 or lower for nine holes and maintain that average on a regulation golf course. Acceptance into clinic is subject to student’s accreditation.
Maximum 4 to 1 student/instructor ratio
- 8:30 am sign in and clinic review.
- 9:00 am to 12:00 noon in depth full swing session.
- 5 fundamentals: grip, stance, alignment, posture and pre-swing routine.
- Specific attention to correct grip and it’s affect on shot
- Importance of correct alignment and it’s relationship to the swing.
- Posture is examined and related to swing plane and the resultant shot shape.
- Swing plane is covered and each student is given an ideal swing plane for his/her stature and posture. Videos of this swing plane will be given each student.
- Start of swing (takeaway), level one, level two and level three positions are explored and student will understand the importance of these three positions.
- Weight transfer or shift is covered and student will learn the correct footwork, knee action, hip turn and shoulder rotation and how each of these functions relate to a high performance golf swing.
- Ball placement relative to stance. Lies are discussed…uphill, downhill and sidehill.
- 12:00 noon to 1:00 pm lunch and discussion of mornings activities.
- 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm short game session.
- Short Game System…3 levels
- Pitching and chipping
- Lob shot
- 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm putting session
- Line and speed
- Determining line and estimating speed
- Correct putter fitting
- 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm summary discussion and dismissal
Fee: $175.00 per student - Minimum of 4 junior golfers.